Netgear’s line of Arlo cameras is undoubtedly the best known lineup of battery-powered home security cameras, but there are a bunch of other options out there that people should consider. If price and battery life are among your top considerations, then you absolutely must take a look at the Blink Indoor Home Security Camera System. $99 gets you a starter kit with a hub and a Blink camera with HD video, motion detection, cloud storage and, perhaps best of all, 2-year battery life. That’s a little less than half of what you’ll spend on the newest Arlo camera model, and that doesn’t even include a hub. There are also bundles available with 2 cameras, 3 cameras, or 5 cameras.
Here are some more details from the product page:
- MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, WIFI cameras send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud
- BATTERY POWERED SECURITY SYSTEM: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 AA Lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi
- SMART HOME SECURITY: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easy control wireless cameras with the included iOS & Android apps or via voice through our Amazon Alexa Skill!
- ADVANCED HOME SURVEILLANCE: Home and pet monitoring in real time with video camera “Live View” streaming mode
- FREE CLOUD STORAGE: Totally wire-free, with no monthly fees or service contract required. (Requires iOS 9.3 or Android 4.4 KitKat or higher)